This Whole30 strawberry basil chicken with avocado is the ideal Whole30 grilled chicken recipe: quick, flavorful, and a little sweet! The perfect Whole30 dinner for those nights when you can’t stand yet another savory recipe. While this Whole30 strawberry basil chicken with avocado is totally Whole30 compliant, it’s perfect for anyone! Strawberry basil chicken needs to be a thing in your house… like yesterday.
Whole30 Strawberry Basil Chicken with Avocado
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 People
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1 quart (4 cups) warm water
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts , pounded to an even thickness
- Salt and pepper , to taste
Strawberry Basil Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup strawberries , hulled and diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves , sliced into thin strips (chiffonaded)
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 1 avocado , seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt , to taste
- gas grill
- plastic gallon freezer bags
- instant read meat thermometer
- Stir together kosher salt and 1 quarter warm water in a plastic gallon freezer bag or large bowl. Add chicken breasts and let sit at least 15 minutes, preferably about an hour.
- Meanwhile, make your strawberry basil avocado salsa: stir together all ingredients and salt to taste.
- Prepare your grill: lightly grease grill grate and preheat to medium-high heat, about 450º F. After brining, remove chicken breasts from kosher salt mixture and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt (not quite as much as you’d usually use, since they’ve been brined) and pepper, to taste. Grill about 18-23 minutes, until internal meat thermometer reads 159-160º F. *Monitor smallest chicken breasts first,* and remove them when they come to temperature, then test larger breasts. Monitoring the largest first will leave you with the smaller ones being overcooked, but pounding the chicken breasts will help this issue. Remove chicken from grill and let rest 5 minutes then serve with strawberry basil avocado salsa.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!