This tasty 30 minute skillet chicken in creamy sun dried tomato sauce recipe has bold and rich garlic, parmesan, and herb flavors that will leave you craving more!
Skillet Chicken in Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Servings: 4 people.
- 4-6 chicken thighs (I used boneless skinless), or 4 chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning OR 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme
- 1/2 cup juliened sun dried tomatoes, (they come in a jar packed with oil, be sure to drain excess oil)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half, or heavy cream (use heavy cream for a thicker, creamier sauce!)
- 2/3 cup shaved or shredded parmesan cheese (or more to taste) + 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese for topping
- fresh basil or thyme, for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use about 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a platter and cover to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Add garlic, Italian seasoning, sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth, half and half or heavy cream, and 2/3 cup parmesan cheese to pan and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and continue to stir periodically until thickened and creamy (5-7 minutes).
- Return chicken to pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken. Top with cracked black pepper, grated parmesan cheese, fresh thyme or basil, and serve.