Paleo Whole30 chicken salad equals creamy, curried chicken and loaded up with yummy veggies. This salad is stuffed into avocados and topped off with fresh herbs and green onions. A delicious, quick and easy Whole30 lunch hack!
Paleo Whole30 Chicken Salad Boats
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 10
- 2 1/2 pounds pounds organic, boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 small green apple diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 2 small yellow or orange bell peppers diced
- 1 cup Homemade Paleo Mayonnaise
- green onions for topping
- fresh parsley for topping
- 4 avocados halved and pitted
- Rinse chicken thighs in cold water and pat them dry on a cutting board. Remove any excess fat if you’d like.
- Bring a large sized pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken and cook until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Make sure you don’t overcook the chicken or it will become tough and dry.
- Strain the chicken and leave to cool on a cutting board. After it has cooled, cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Combine your spices in a small bowl and thoroughly rub them into the chicken with your hands. Transfer your spiced chicken into a large bowl (big enough for you to mix everything together well with your hands!)
- Add the vegetables and apple to the bowl of chicken and stir until combined.
- Pour the mayonnaise over the chicken and vegetables, and give it a really thorough lather/mix with your hands. Make sure everything is completely coated with the mayo.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Stuff the avocado halves with chicken salad. Garnish with green onions and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!