Total Time: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients and, if desired, browning suace; rub over chicken. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker; add broth. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, 4-5 hours.
Test Kitchen Tips
- Good cooks like to keep some go-to meals on hand that don’t require a special trip to the store. Keep chicken breasts in the freezer and you’ll always be ready.
- During the summer, be sure to use plenty of fresh garden basil to savory recipes like this one!