This Chicken Zucchini Casserole is a perfect weeknight dinner because it is easy to make and only uses a few ingredients. This delicious comfort food is made with chicken and zucchini tossed in a cream sauce and topped with stuffing and cooked to perfection.
As a mom to four picky eaters, I’m always looking for easy recipes that my kids will actually eat. One of my sisters recommended this recipe to me and it was a hit!
Even my busy toddler had seconds!
I actually made this casserole earlier in the day by preparing it according to the recipe below and then kept it in my fridge until dinnertime and baked it before it was time to eat.
It turned out great. The zucchini was perfectly tender and the sauce with the chicken was so delicious.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE:
This easy chicken casserole can be made in 10 minutes or less, especially if you have chicken that is already cooked.
I love using a rotisserie chicken from the deli for this recipe to save me time and add a savory flavor.
You can make this casserole in the amount of time it takes for your oven to heat up, so let’s get started!
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and melted butter. Mix until well combined and then set 1/2 cup of it aside to use later as a topping.
Step 2: Add zucchini, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, onion and sour cream to the large bowl with the stuffing and mix until combined.
Step 3: Spread zucchini mixture in an even layer in a 9×13-inch glass pay sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 4: Sprinkle reserved stuffing mix on top and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through and the top is golden brown.
CHICKEN ZUCCHINI CASSEROLE
This Chicken Zucchini Casserole is the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 55 min
- Servings: 6-8
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 4 medium zucchini (diced)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and cubed)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing mix and melted butter. Set aside 1/2 cup of the mixture for topping.
- Add zucchini, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, onion and sour cream to the stuffing in the large bowl.
- Spread zucchini mixture in an even layer in a 9 x 13 inch glass pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle reserved stuffing mix on top and bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through and the top is golden brown.