3. You can shed extra pounds by drinking lemon + salt water.
It’s a known fact that lemon water in is healthy for you, but most of the time it’s just not as tasty as a glass of orange juice or even an energy drink. Lemon and salt are the 2 magic ingredients that help flush out toxins from your body and help shed extra pounds quite fast. This is because it increases your bowel movements and decreases your appetite, thus eliminating excess calorie intake.
Lemon and salt water can also speed up your metabolism and there’s even research to back this up. According to the National Institute of Health, drinking plenty of water increases your metabolism by increasing the mitochondrial function (which helps to generate more energy in the body without needing any calories to do so) and generates thermogenesis (the metabolic process where calories are burned faster to produce heat).
4. Whiten your nails using toothpaste.
Experiencing some yellowing around and on your nails is absolutely natural, but sometimes it’s not a good look. So if you’re looking for a way to naturally whiten your nails, toothpaste is the answer. Not only does toothpaste whiten and protect your teeth, but it also does the same for your nails since they are both keratin based.
- For this hack, simply take a clean toothbrush, apply some toothpaste on the tip of it, and start to lightly scrub/brush your nails with it. Let it sit there for a minute, wash your hands as usual, and voilá!
5. Stimulate hair growth by creating your own hair growth serum.
As we mentioned above, diet is key when it comes to faster and healthier hair growth, but for those of you who would like to go a step further, we’ll show you how to create your own hair growth serum. The first ingredient you’ll need is castor oil. It contains important nutrients such as vitamin E to moisturize your scalp, omega-9, and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as minerals that will help moisturize and penetrate your scalp.
The second one is avocado oil which is rich in vitamins and minerals such as oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated omega-9 fatty acid that can help nourish your hair and protect it from breaking. It’s the only oil that has the ability to penetrate the hair shaft and moisturize it instead of just sitting on your hair and acting as an oily layer.
The final ingredient is coconut oil, which is considered the king of all oils for many different reasons. To begin with, coconut oil is the only oil that you can apply on your hair and prevent it from losing protein. Since it’s rich in omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids, it also protects the hair shaft from environmental and sun damage.
Here’s how you make the mixture:
- Fill a small container with 1/3 castor oil, 1/3 avocado oil, and 1/3 coconut oil.
- Shake the bottle really well.
- Apply it to your scalp and hair and massage it in for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let it sit there for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Shower and then apply some oil to the ends of your hair while it’s still wet.
- Repeat this 3 times a week.
6. Eat your breakfast within the first 30 minutes after you wake up.
Right after you’ve had your lemon and salt water right when you wake up, it’s important to have your breakfast within half an hour after you’ve opened your eyes. Even when you don’t feel hungry, missing your breakfast is a huge mistake especially when you’re trying to lose or maintain weight. According to the National Weight Control Registry, more than 70% of people who were on a successful diet ate breakfast within half an hour after waking up.
This is because your metabolism is relatively slow when you sleep, and it takes an hour for it to start working at a normal pace. So, eating breakfast before your metabolism is completely awake will make you feel fuller for a longer time and it will prevent you from eating a heavier breakfast or a bigger meal later in the day.